Monday 22 August 2016

Improved Transport Mechanism

After I built Legoramics, and after building a few unsuccessful test logic circuits, I decided that I should prioritise building the final transport mechanism in order to be sure that any further circuitry I built would be made for the actual mechanical framework I was to finish up using. So I enlisted the generous help of Christian Nyampeta, as I am useless at CAD and technical drawing. Together we came up with the framework for the final machine, in which Christian's drawings were later transformed into laser cut perspex. The design was to use standard OHP cellophane rolls. I tried to design the machine to be mechanically simple, and capable of both 'reel to reel' and closed loop operation.

This is what we came up with:


Mini Oramics Transport Mechanism - first test from Tom Richards on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment